Wide awake Lipo-The really Smart Lipo-Vaser
THE SKINNY ON WIDE-AWAKE LIPO
I always laughed that while some families have family jewels, my family has “family thighs.” Thin or fat, my mother and I are the lucky recipients of annoying areas of fat located on the inside of our upper thighs. Even when I’m at my skinniest and working out with a personal trainer, my thighs are still out of proportion with the rest of me. It’s especially annoying because I have difficulty finding clothes that fit properly. Clothes either fit my size 6 thighs or my size 4 waist.
As the owner of Yolo, I get to try the best new technologies on the market. So, I did a ton of research on the latest “non-invasive” options that claim to significantly reduce unwanted areas of fat with no downtime. Here’s what I found.
VASER Liposuction is the way to go.
Dr. Vin Pathy, my VERY experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who currently performs traditional liposuction in the operating room, and I decided to offer a proven method of body sculpting that is safe, affordable and reliable called VASER Liposuction. Why?
- No general anesthesia required. VASER Liposuction is done while you are wide-awake, no general anesthesia is required.
- Minimal recovery time. VASER uses ultrasound to break up the fat and is “tissue specific,” which means it doesn’t target blood vessels or other tissues which results in decreased bruising and shorter recovery period.
- Tightens skin. An added benefit over traditional Lipo is that the Vaser heats up the area to tighten the skin as well.
- Treats multiple areas. Areas that can be treated are the arms, chin, neck, back fat, thighs, buttocks and abdomen.
- The right price. Treatments start at $1800.
Other technologies that claim to get rid of fat and inches with “no downtime” I researched didn’t make sense.
- Too many treatments. With most other technologies you have to have 5 or more treatments that start at $500 for one area/session (an abdomen might count as 2 or 3 areas depending on how large), and you have to go on a very low calorie diet.
- Inch loss is confusing? The way they instruct you to calculate the inch loss is cumulative, meaning at each visit they measure you before and after and add the numbers together. Hmmm I didn’t like this one, what if the fat was just getting moved a little up or down?
- Their cost for the results is too high. The companies do have some ok before and after pics, however when I really looked at the pictures I asked would I pay $2000 or more to possibly get the results they were showing??? NO, NO, NO. If you have met me you know that I only bring on proven technologies with predictable results.
WHY? WHY? WHY?
I started asking myself, “why are so many Med spas, Cosmetic Surgeons, and Dermatologists offering these non-invasive methods that are so unpredictable?” The answer should have been obvious. Most if not all of the places offering these procedures can’t perform Lipo in or out of the hospital, as they aren’t Plastic Surgeons. It is important to note that if you are considering Liposuction you should go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that offers multiple modalities such as Vaser Lipo, traditional Lipo, and abdominoplasty to ensure the best intervention is suggested to meet your specific concerns.
I’ll keep you posted as I’m going to be the first to have VASER and rid myself of my “family thighs.