Conveniently located to serve Guilford, CT
Eliminate sun spots, freckles, and age spots in Guilford.
Tighten Skin and improve the tone and texture
Beam your way to beautiful! BBL/PhotoFacial is a revolutionary method of photo rejuvenation that improves your skin’s texture, tone and appearance. A series of Broad Band Light light stimulates collagen – minimizing sun damage, brown spots, acne scarring, age spots, discoloration, and fine lines. You’ll notice a more radiant, healthier complexion as imperfections fade away. Maximum results in a series.
Purchase a package of 3 and receive one touch-up per year for only $200! Experience “The YOLO Difference”.
What Are Age Spots?
Age spots appear on the most sun-exposed parts of your skin as small, flat dark spots. They are often found on the face, arms, hands, and shoulders. They are also called liver spots or sunspots and are relatively common among adults 50 years old and above.
While they might appear unsightly and dangerous as cancerous growths, they are benign. They might be found along with wrinkles and rough skin. Age spots might not require treatment, but they indicate how much sun exposure your skin has been getting and how much effort it has exerted to prevent further sun damage.
Symptoms of Age Spots
Age spots appear on any skin type but are more commonly found in light-skinned people. They are oval, flat, and may have tan to dark brown colors. They react to years of sun exposure on the back of your hands, face, feet, upper back, and shoulders. Age spots may look as small as freckles to about ½ inch in size.
Causes of Age Spots
Overactive pigment cells are to be blamed for age spots. Exposure to the sun’s UV rays stimulates melanin production, giving skin more color. As the melanin clumps together after years of exposure to the sun, it triggers the appearance of age spots.
Diagnosing Age Spots
To diagnose age spots, we will examine your skin to differentiate the age spots from other skin disorders. Different skin conditions require different treatments, so proper identification of the spots is vital.
Sometimes, you might need to undergo tests, such as a biopsy. A small part of your skin will be examined to rule out other skin conditions, such as a type of skin cancer called lentigo maligna. If the growths are confirmed to be age spots, Yolo Laser Center & Med Spa has many treatment options.
Your Age Spots treatment will be performed by our providers in Yolo Laser Center & Med Spa‘s safe and clean facility located in Guilford, CT.
Commonly Asked Questions about BBL Photo Rejuvenation (PhotoFacials) at Yolo Laser Center & Med Spa in Guilford
What is BBL Photo Rejuvenation?
BBL Photo Rejuvenation is a noninvasive treatment that reduces pigmentation problems such as age spots, sun spots and broken capillaries, leaving you with a clearer more even skin tone and complexion.
Where can BBL Photo Rejuvenation (PhotoFacials) be used?
The most common areas treated are the face, neck and décolleté; however, these treatments can be used anywhere on the body.
How long does the treatment take?
A full face treatment can be completed in 15 minutes, although treatment times vary depending upon the size of the area being treated.
How soon will I see results?
Results can be seen after just one treatment, although three to six treatments at three week intervals are typically given in order to achieve optimal results.
Are there any potential side effects?
Side effects may include slight redness (most patients return to natural skin color within 20-30 minutes). Pigmentary changes of the skin, blisters and red spots are rare but occasionally occur.
Who shouldn’t receive BBL Photo Rejuvenation?
Patients should not have a BBL Photo Rejuvenation treatment if they have recently been tanned from sun or UV exposure, or if they have a darker skin type.
How Much Does BBL Photo Rejuvenation cost at Yolo Laser Center & Med Spa in Guilford?
Fees for BBL Photo Rejuvenation vary depending upon the part of the body being treated. Please contact us for a more specific cost.
How do I get started?
Call us at 203-533-4560 or email email@example.com
Pre and Post Care
- No Accutane use for 6 months prior to treatment.
- Do not tan the areas being treated for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not use self-tanning products for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Stop all Retin-A, Retinol, Renova, glycolics, bleaching creams, and exfoliants 3-4 days prior to treatment.
- The treatment area must be free of any open sores, lesions or skin infections. For treatment of pigmented skin lesions, you should consult a specialist if there is a family or personal history of skin cancer or if you have these concerns.
- Shave any hair present in the area to be treated. Men should shave the beard area twice in succession in order to ensure as close a shave as possible.
- Gently wash the area to be treated, removing makeup,lotion, etc. Do not apply any creams, lotions or other products to the area except a topical anesthetic (if being used).
- If you have elected to use a topical anesthetic, do so only after reviewing all cautions associated with its use. Apply and use as directed prior to arrival.
- You cannot be pregnant or breast feeding to receive treatment.
- If you have a history of oral herpes, you must pre-treat with an anti-viral three days before your scheduled visit.
- You will have a mild sunburn sensation following treatment that is usually gone within a few hours. Skin redness, flaking, mild bruising and/or slight edema (swelling) is normal and may last a few days. Blistering is uncommon and when it occurs it is generally not serious. Pigmented areas may begin to flake after a few days.
- Cold compresses (not ice) and recommended skin care products may be useful to reduce swelling or discomfort. You may takeover-the-counter pain or anti-inflammatory medication. Hydrocortisone(steroid) cream may decrease any itching or skin irritation. Antibiotic ointment (such as Neosporin) may be used if skin is broken, to prevent infection.
- Your skin will be fragile for 2-3 days. Use gentle cleansers, but do not rub the skin vigorously and avoid hot water during this time. Skin moisturizers may be used immediately and makeup can be applied if the skin is not broken.
- It is important to avoid sun exposure and tanning creams between treatments. Use SPF 30 or greater on the treatment area at all times.
- The treatment area may be left open and uncovered. Do not scrub or exfoliate the area. Do not use any products on the treated area without first consulting our staff.
- Avoid soaking for 24 to 48 hours. No hot tubs, whirlpools or baths, but showers are okay.
- Avoid excessive sweating for 24 to 48 hours. No saunas or vigorous working out.
- Avoid irritants, such Retin-A, Retinol, Renova, glycolics, bleaching creams,and exfoliants for one week.
- Treated area will usually darken after treatments. Crusting of the skin can form. This crusting usually resolves in 1 to 3 weeks. Please allow to naturally flake off for best results.
- In the rare case that you experience any blistering or scabbing, please call us as soon as possible. Contact us if you experience persistent or unusual redness, swelling or drainage,as antibiotics may be necessary.
- Do not apply makeup until redness has subsided.
- Avoid microdermabrasion and chemical peels one week after your treatment.
- Follow up treatments should be scheduled every 3-4 weeks.
- Consistent repeated treatments will produce best resolution for photo damage, fine lines, acne scars, rosacea, etc.
Thank you, Nikki, for offering me the best treatment for my Rosacea, as well as your expert knowledge in helping me understand what procedures and products will help me in the future. I told my girlfriends about my positive experience, in hopes that you can help them with their individual needs as well.
– Real patient
read more testimonials
Do you want to remove or lighten your age spots in Guilford? Come to Yolo Laser Center & Med Spa. Improve your skin’s appearance and texture with our non-surgical treatment options. Contact us today for an appointment!
Ready to get started?Contact Us
Related Skin Solution Treatments
"*" indicates required fields