Banish the Bruise-Minimize Post Cosmetic Bruising
You may recall Kim Kardashian’s experience of bruising after Botox.
Here are some tips to banish the bruising associated with injections:
- Avoid taking aspirin, Ibuprofen or garlic or other blood thinning supplements 7 days prior to injections
- Don’t drink alcohol 3 days prior and the day after
- Have your injectionist apply ice to the area prior (it constricts the blood vessels)
- Drink a glass on pineapple juice the day before and the day of the injection-pineapple juice contains bromelaine which may decrease bruising, plus it tastes good!
- Take Arnica at least 2 days prior to injections on a light stomach
If you are one of the unfortunate and do get a bruise, apply ice but not directly to the skin every 30 minutes and use a concealer, such as Lycogel which will greatly minimize the appearance of the bruise.
Nikki Rasmussen is a Registered Nurse/Injection Specialist and owner of Yolo Laser Center & Med Spa spa located in Guilford, CT. yolomedspa.com Dr. Vinod Pathy, Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon available for Cosmetic Surgery Consultations.