What Should I Expect During A CoolSculpting Treatment?
CoolSculpting or Cryolipolysis is a process where excess fat in the abdomen and thighs are frozen to kill the fat cells. These fat cells are then eliminated naturally from the body allowing the patient to lose fat and get the body contoured. It is a non-invasive and safe treatment for the removal of excess fat.
If you are planning to get a CoolSculpting treatment to get rid of irksome body fat, then here’s what you should expect during the treatment:
- The treatment can be done in the duration of a lunch break, allowing you to return to work once it is over.
- It takes around 35 minutes to complete the treatment for one area of the body.
- The freezing happens in a controlled way, thus ensuring that only fat cells are targeted, and other tissues are not harmed. This makes the procedure safe.
- It is non-invasive and does not require an incision or the use of needles. An applicator and a gel pad are placed on the area to deliver controlled cooling.
- Mild pulling or tugging sensation will be experienced along with intense cooling. This would be felt only for some time, after which the area becomes numb.
- This is a safe procedure approved by the FDA for fat bulge reduction in the abdomen, flank, back, upper arm, under the jaw, below the chin, and below the buttocks.
- The most important thing to note is that this is not a weight-loss procedure. It can only help in getting rid of excess fat.